Bar Screen chamber in Coimbatore
Bar Screen Chamber
- The bar screen chamber is used to separate plastics and other non-decomposable matter from incoming waste water to prevent clogging of pipelines and pumps thereby causing break-downs.
- The bar screen chamber consists of two screens i.e., a coarse screen followed by a fine screen which are inverted at an inclined angle.
- These are followed by a platform to support the weight of three people. The platform is used by the workmen to remove the plastic etc using a rake. This is done on a regular basis to prevent clogging of the screens.
- The bar screen chamber is to be at a suitable overflow height to the equalization tank.
Bar Screen Wastewater in Coimbatore
Angle of inclination=60°
MOC=Mild steel with epoxy coating or stainless steel
- Inlet pipe for the STP.
- Debris (plastic bags, paper cups, condoms, sanitary napkins, paper dishes, etc.) gets trapped here.
- Muck (sediment in sewage) accumulates and blocks the grill (if not cleaned regularly)
- Grill. Must be cleaned regularly to avoid a build-up of debris (2) and muck (3).
- Screened sewage. If the screen (4) is maintained well, this would be free of any large articles.
- Outlet pipe (goes to the Equalization Tank)
- Platform with weep holes. The STP operator stands here to rake the debris (2). He also uses the platform as a drip-tray for the collected debris.